Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Baker county has now been given permission to move to Phase 2 of the Oregon Reopening Plan. This move allows for groups of up to 50 people to meet.
While we are gathering again, we still are going to keep safety measures in place.
1) Participants will be asked to sit in family groups only.
2) Alternating pews are blocked off to keep social distancing guidelines. Also please give space to fellow parishioners and maintain distance as best as possible as you walk around the church.
3) First Lutheran is complying with the current mandate in Oregon to wear masks at public indoor events.
4) The South side doors are closed. Please enter one of the three open entrances and use the hand sanitizer provided.
5) Sign-in with name and telephone number so we have an adequate list of people who attended should there be a break out in our community or parish.
6) Service will still be a “Low Mass” spoken service. There will be no Congregational singing.
7) Holy Communion will be celebrated and distributed by family units. We will not kneel at the altar rail at this time.
8) Offering plates will not be passed. Please place your offering in one of the plates in the narthex.
9) There will also be no fellowship time for right now.
Thank you for all your patience in walking through this time with us. God’s blessings and peace!